和父亲聊工作
安德鲁和父亲聊起了工作上的问题,因为安德鲁的父亲是个打工仔,而安德鲁却欺骗他说有了自己的书店,布克先生不满了,看看他们三人的英语口语对话吧:
Dad: I've been working for a big company all my life, and of course I've tried to start a business like you do.
爸爸:我这辈子一直在给大公司打工,当然我也试过创业,像你一样。
Andrew: Uh huh.
安德鲁:嗯嗯。
Dad: remember? Andrew, we stopped living in a cabin on 1972.
爸爸:记得吗?安德鲁,1972年,我们没再住进小木屋里了。
Andrew: did we move to the semi detached house or the gatehouse?
安德鲁:我们搬去了半独立住宅,还是门楼来着。
Booker: be specific. When was that year and what were you wearing?
布克:具体点吧,是那年什么时候,你当时穿的什么?
Dad: that's right. I went bankrupt in 1976. Congratulations, Andrew. Finally, you started your own business.
爸爸:没错,我在1976年破产了。祝贺你,安德鲁,终于自己创业了。
Andrew: Thank you.
安德鲁:谢谢。
Dad: but sometimes we have to be cruel
爸爸:不过有时候我们点狠心一点。
Andrew: Yes, once a guest stole a Book here. He had the nerve to sell the stolen books to us.
安德鲁:是的,有一次有个客人在这里偷了书。他居然有胆量把偷走的书卖给我们。
Dad: ha ha ha ha ha, then how do you solve him?
爸爸:哈哈哈哈哈,那你怎么解决他的?
Andrew: I told him it wasn't going to work.
安德鲁:我跟他说,这可不行。
Dad: I bet you're not so polite.
爸爸:我打赌你肯定没这么客气。
更多新鲜有趣的对话:【少儿英语口语】书店的名字