可以帮我关门吗?
布克先生因为新来的主管而感到十分郁闷,于是他去找新主管提出质问,没想到英语对话变成了这样:
Booker: I don't mean to offend, but I want to say, I didn't receive any personnel notification.
布克:我无意冒犯,但我我想说,我并没有收到任何的人事通知。
Ding Ding: Oh, didn't they mention me?
丁丁:哦,他们没提到我吗?
Booker: No, and we're fine here. Thank you for your visit! We don't need third people to spy on us.
布克:没有,而且我们在这里挺好的,多谢参观!我们不需要第三个人监视我们。
Ding Ding: of course. Oh, excuse me, the general manager's call.
丁丁:当然,哦,打扰一下,总经理的电话。
Booker: what?
布克:什么?
Ding Ding: Oh, Hello, general manager. I get along well with them. They're not angry. OK, take care.
丁丁:哦,你好,总经理,我和他们相处挺好的,他们没有生气。好的,保重。
Ding Ding: all right. What did you just look for me?
丁丁:好了,你刚才找我什么事?
Booker: I just wanted to ask, this phone is out of line. May I help you with the connection?
布克:我只是想问,这部电话没有接线,需要我帮忙接线吗?
Ding Ding: Oh, no, this one is OK. It was the general manager's call.
丁丁:哦,不需要,这部电话能用,刚才是总经理的电话。
Booker: No, I'll check it.
布克:不可能,我检查一下。
Ding Ding: can you close the door for me?
丁丁:你能帮我关门吗?
Booker: sure.
布克:当然。
Ding Ding: No, it's closed from the outside.
丁丁:不是,从外面关门。
更多新鲜有趣的文章:如此精通电脑