被高估的艺术品
布克先生打算搞一个恶作剧,他在宜家家居购买了一件10欧元的画作,然后带到了一个高档的艺术展厅里,和里面那些看似很有鉴赏力的人聊起了这幅作品,然而这些爱好者的回复令人唏嘘不已,一起来看看今天的这则少儿英语口语对话:
Booker: would you be interested in showing me the picture?
布克:你有兴趣跟我看看这幅画吗?
Guest: all right.
顾客:好的。
Booker: This is a famous painting by Swedish artists.
布克:这是瑞典艺术家的名画。
Guest: Oh, I haven't heard of him.
顾客:哦,我没有听说过他。
Booker: how does it feel at first sight? It's interesting, and modern.
布克:第一眼看下去有什么感觉吗?很有趣,很摩登,很现代。
Customer: you can see clearly that symbolism is used, and the details are good.
顾客:可以清楚的看到运用了象征主义,细节上很不错。
Booker: Oh, the details.
布克:哦,细节。
Customer: that reminds me of those pumping machines.
顾客:这让我想起了那些抽油机器。
Booker: yes.
布克:是的。
Guest: the paintings are permeated with homesickness.
顾客:画里渗透着思乡情怀。
Booker: yes.
布克:是这样的。
Guest: This describes the confusion in his mind. The painter perfectly integrated his feelings into the painting.
顾客:这描绘了他脑海中的混乱。这个画家完美地把他的感情融入这张画里.
Booker: look at this whale. How did you get caught in the machine?
布克:你看看这条鲸鱼。是怎样被机器抓起来的。
Customer: This reminds me of the hut somewhere in africa.
顾客:这让我想起了非洲某地的小棚屋。
Booker: I suddenly found a lot of houses in it.
布克:我突然发现里面有很多屋子。
Customer: that's incredible.
顾客:简直不可思议。
Booker: how much do you think this painting is worth?.
布克:你认为这张画值多少钱。
Guest: I think it's more than ten thousand euros.
顾客:我认为超过了一万欧元。
Booker: Oh.
布克:哦。
Guest: Well, I can't buy it in a normal place, right? I think if it's less than two million and five hundred thousand euros, I'll buy it.
顾客:好吧,在普通的地方买不到对吧,我想如果超过了两百五十万欧元,我就不买了。
Booker: it was bought by IKEA.
布克:这是在宜家买的。
更多新鲜有趣的对话:【少儿英语口语】请客吃饭