杰克无意之间推到了怀孕的玛丽,随后玛丽感到肚子很疼,于是去医院做了检查,报告显示腹中四个月的孩子将要流产了,在他们的宗教里,杀死腹中的婴儿也属于谋杀罪。于是玛丽和法官对其进行了控诉,下面的英语口语对话是法官的审判,小朋友们一起来看看吧:
Judge: Have you heard the charges, sir?
法官:先生,你听到她的指控了吗?
Jack: I'm sorry, but I know she was pregnant, and I'm sorry. I went to the hospital to see her.
杰克:我很抱歉,但我知道她流产的消息之后,我也很难过,我直接去医院看望她。
Judge: So, you admit it?
法官:那么,你承认了?
Jack: No, I don't admit it.
杰克:不,我不承认。
Judge: This is the medical testing report that day.
法官:这是当天的医疗检测报告。
Jack: I didn't know she was pregnant.
杰克:我并不知道她是孕妇。
Judge: She was four months pregnant, you did not see it?
法官:她怀孕四个月,你没有看出来?
Jack: I admit, I was tough, I just let her out of my room.
杰克:我承认,当时我很强硬,我只是让她离开我的房间。
Judge: You don't admit not pushing her?
法官:你不承认不推了她?
Jack: I didn't push her. I just wanted her out.
杰克:我没推她,我只是想让她出去。
Judge: Make it clear that you are now charged with murder.
法官:解释清楚点,你现在被指控谋杀罪。
Jack: If I knew she was pregnant, I wouldn't be that much.
杰克:如果我知道她怀孕的话,我不会那么过分的,我仅仅是想关门。
Judge: Do you agree with him? Madam.
法官:你同意他的说法吗?夫人。
Marie: He didn't push me, but he grabbed my hand and threw me out. I fell down the stairs.
玛丽:他没有推我,但他抓着我的手把我丢了出去,我在楼梯上摔倒了。
Judge: Sir, you need bail, or choose to stay in prison.
法官:先生,你需要保释,或者选择待在监狱。
Jack: No, I can't go to jail, so no one takes care of my wife.
杰克:不,我不能进监狱,那样的话就没人照顾我的妻子了。
更多新鲜有趣的文章:【少儿英语口语】招聘男保姆
声明
睿丁英语官网(www.reading-china.com)所涉及的任何资料(包括文字、图片、视频、版面设计等)均受到《中华人民共和国著作权法》等法律法规保护,未经授权禁止任何商业用途。