新房东
布克先生欠了好几个月的房租,房东太太一直没有催交房租,可是这个月突然收到了房东太太的来信,这是怎么回事,布克先生决定去找房东,没想到房东换了,下面是布克先生和律师的英语口语对话:
Booker: I'd like to see Miss Brown.
布克:我要见布朗小姐。
Lawyer: miss Brown passed away last night.
律师:布朗小姐昨晚去世了。
Booker: I don't care. I mean, it's sad. Are you the new landlord?
布克:我不关心,我的意思是,真令人伤心。你是新房东吗?
Lawyer: I'm her lawyer. Brown connects to leave this apartment to Mr. Kate. He's in the kitchen.
律师:我是她的律师。布朗衔接把这栋公寓留给凯特先生。他在厨房。
Booker: I'll talk to him straight away. Where is he?
布克:我直接和他说吧。他在哪里?
Lawyer: he's in the bread cabinet. He likes to sleep there. What do you want to talk to him about?
律师:他在面包柜里。他喜欢睡在那里。你想和他说什么?
Booker: I won't pay the room rate.
布克:我不会付房费的。
Lawyer: then you just wait for prison!
律师:那你就等着坐牢吧!
Booker: I didn't talk to you.
布克:我没和你说话。
Lawyer: then you stay. I went to meet my client.
律师:那你留下吧,我去见客户了。
Booker: you can't leave the puppy here. He'll go nuts.
布克:你不能把小狗留在这里,他会发疯的。
Lawyer: it was set in the will of miss Brown, and it has legal effect.
律师:这是布朗小姐遗嘱里规定的,有法律效力。
更多新鲜有趣的对话:格林先生的奉承