摘要:有一个周末,Sara有个找乐子的好主意!一群在工作日里昏天黑地的同学,周末成了喜笑颜开的牌友,小赌怡情,他们只怡情,但不赌!
正文情景对话
Sara:Dear, I’ve got an idea for the weekend. Why not invite our colleagues here to play Bridge?
莎拉:亲爱的,周末我有个好主意。请同事们到家打牌好不?
Sam:It is cute. I’ve been pretty good at Black Jack lately.
山姆:好的。近来我可是二十一点高手呀。
Sara:I see You’re now a truly wonderful poker face.
莎拉”知道啦。你现在可是长了一张扑克脸呀。
Sara:Jesus, I’ve got a poker hand with 5 consecutive cards! All this immediately after the shuffle!
莎拉:老天爷!刚开牌,我就来了大顺子呀。
Sam:Then you match the bet of any other player.
山姆:那你可打遍天下无敌手啦。
Sara:But Biddy’s got a wild card!
莎拉:可是比迪是百搭牌呀。
Sam:I know nothing about your cards, but it’s time for me to throw up the game.
山姆:我可不管你们百搭不百搭,我是彻底百搭了。
Sam:SHDC was totally Greek to Biddy only days ago!
山姆:几天前,比迪可是连黑桃、红桃、梅花、方块都不认得呀。
Sara:But she is a quick learner, and she does it every day with Al partner at home.
莎拉:可她学东西很快,还在家天天打联机!
Sam:That’s why online gambling is so popular when casinos are becoming less in real world.
山姆:所以现实的赌博减少了,但在线赌博可时髦了呢。
Sara:In a few day, I’ll have to admit defeat when playing together.
莎拉:再过几天,我只有跟比迪磕头求饶的份儿了。
本文重点短语拓展学习
Shuffle the cards 洗牌
Cue the partner 暗示牌友
a paker hand with 5 consecutive 同花顺
ace 绝顶优秀的人、牌
bluffing 举牌虚张声势
friends and foes 牌友:分清敌我
Spade, heart, club, diamond 黑桃、红桃、梅花、方块
Poker face 扑克脸(面无表情)
拓展词汇表达
黑桃、红心、方块、草花:SHDC=spade,heart, diamond, club
跟同花、照做:follow suit
叫牌:bid
王牌:trump
虚张声势:bluff
暗示:cue
声明
睿丁英语官网(www.reading-china.com)所涉及的任何资料(包括文字、图片、视频、版面设计等)均受到《中华人民共和国著作权法》等法律法规保护,未经授权禁止任何商业用途。